Accounting for farmers
Thomson Cooper are leading farming accountants in Scotland, delivering expert advice on agricultural finance and farm tax planning. We host farming seminars with other top agri professional advisers and contributed to the Dundee Courier Farming pages when they ran their Agri Professional series.
Farmers are facing significant changes to their way of life due to:
- Commodity price uncertainty and volatility
- Increasing cost of inputs
- Changes to subsidies
- Impact of currency fluctuations
- Changes to tax rules
In light of this, it is critical that farmers seek experienced, professional advice about how to optimise their incomes, protect capital, save tax and plan for the future. That’s where we can help.
Why choose Thomson Cooper?
Our award-winning firm has developed an impressive agricultural portfolio over the years, testament to our proven track record in this sector. Our dedicated team, led by partner Mark Gibson, act for farmers throughout Scotland. Both are well-respected figures in farming circles, having developed in-depth knowledge of the farm accounting issues facing farming clients gained from decades of experience.
How you can benefit?
In addition to preparing prompt, reliable accounts and giving constructive taxation advice, we offer our clients:
- 5 year summaries and graphs – to aid understanding of your accounts.
- Benchmarking – comparing your performance to local farming trends & statistics provides valuable information for decision making.
- Projections – identifying variances on a regular basis helps to plan for ‘what if’ scenarios.
- Computerisation – our one-stop IT department can install a system with software packages that will save you time and money. We provide ongoing support and training.
- Special events – we host Farming seminars to discuss our ongoing benchmarking study results and how these can impact on your profitability.
- In house Financial Services – our highly experienced team come with the assurance of the reliable Thomson Cooper brand.
Fully competent and professional service
“Thomson Cooper has looked after both my private and business financial affairs for over 50 years. I have never felt that I was getting anything other than a fully competent and professional service.”
– John B, Cameron C.B.E.