Value Added Tax is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business – so complex that many businesses inadvertently overpay or underpay VAT.
Knowing the taxation cost to your business is key to its commercial success. Effective planning and compliance are crucial to minimising tax liabilities.
We provide an efficient, cost effective service which includes:
- Advice on VAT registration, planning and administration
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Negotiating with Customs and Excise in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals
VAT advice – why choose Thomson Cooper?
One of life’s certainties is that if you are a VAT registered business, sooner or later you will receive a visit from HMRC. VAT control or “assurance” visits are an integral part of the system. Their main purpose is to ensure that your returns are an accurate reflection of your business activities and VAT liability. Every trader can expect a visit every few years.
We can help by:
- Reviewing non-routine operations such as large or unusual transactions, where mistakes are more likely to occur
- Reconciling your disclosed turnover with your annual accounts
- Minimising penalties and interest charges by sorting out any errors we detect with HMRC
We also have access to a VAT specialist who can provide VAT advice on complex matters that may arise. Our VAT specialist can provide VAT reviews and reports, and can deal with HMRC on complex VAT cases on your behalf.
Free initial consultation
If you would like to speak to us and find out how we can help you, please contact Elaine Cromwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01383 628800. Our initial discussions with you are free.
Successful VAT inspection
“Thanks to the Thomson Cooper team for their advice and support in relation to our successful VAT inspection.”
Aerial Media Scotland