Thomson Cooper was formed in 1949 when founding partners T. Hunter Thomson and Harold Cooper acquired a small practice in Dunfermline. The firm has expanded from these small beginnings to its present complement of around 70 staff with branches in Dunfermline and Edinburgh. We are Fife's largest independent accountancy practice to include financial services, insolvency departments and IT/marketing consultancy. The practice has established an impressive and diverse client base throughout central Scotland and beyond. Our clients benefit from -
- a high partner/staff ratio so we retain a high degree of knowledge of each clientour committed, professional staff who undertake extensive training that has resulted in Platinum Approved Employer status from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- our purpose built complex with air conditioned meeting rooms and ample parking in Dunfermline
- our superb location just off the M90 in Dunfermline
- our Edinburgh Stafford Street office is just minutes from Haymarket and a stone’s throw from the tram and bus routes.
- flexible opening hours - 5.30 finish and open most public and bank holidays
- our membership of HCWA - an association of independent firms of accountants throughout the UK who continually share information and best practice. Through shared technical resources we are able to maintain a high quality of service, without the inherent learning curve and expensive overheads associated with many independent firms. Member firms enjoy support from award-winning technical experts and clients benefit from market-leading advice.
As part of our commitment to providing our clients with the greatest possible support, a number of specialist departments have evolved which are not typically found in accountancy practices. Our IT and marketing departments provide support services both for ourselves and for many of our clients; our fully qualified financial services staff provide truly independent and appropriate financial advice; and our team of insolvency and corporate recovery specialists are able to put workable and beneficial solutions in place quickly and effectively. If you would like to come along for a free initial consultation, call Fiona Haro on 01383 628800 or email email@example.com