At Thomson Cooper our purpose is to “listen, advise and support our clients to achieve their goals”
We have an exciting opportunity in our Edinburgh office for an individual who shares that purpose to join our growing team. You will be responsible for managing and supporting a portfolio of small business clients and therefore the position will suit an experienced accounts and tax assistant.
CORE BEHAVIOURS AND ATTRIBUTES
Key attributes required for the role of Small Business Client Manager include:
- You will have around 4 years’ experience of working in an accounting practice preparing sole trader and limited company accounts, as well as personal and corporation tax returns.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear commitment to client service.
- Ability to manage your own workload and identify potential blockages/delays.
- Desire to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Good attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Be productive in terms of workload while maintaining a high standard of work.
- Be a good communicator, both oral and written.
- Have a strong technical knowledge of accounting and tax regulations.
You will work as part of a team reporting to the accounts manager but will be responsible for a small portfolio of clients. Duties vary depending upon individual client needs.
Although this is not an exhaustive list, below is an idea of the varied workload associated with the role to help illustrate what’s involved
- Management of existing and new clients.
- Preparation of Limited company, LLP, partnership, and sole trader financial statements.
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Preparation and review of VAT returns.
- Preparation of Personal Tax and Corporate Tax computations.
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge of accounting standards, corporation tax and personal tax.
- Oral and written communication with client and HMRC.
- Liaising with colleagues to provide a co-ordinated service to the client.
- Maintaining client contact to deliver proactive service.
We operate an employee engagement programme; employees have regular one to one meetings with their manager and/or partner and we support our people to develop and grow. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a great working environment. As a firm we support flexible and hybrid working.
If you have the right skills and experience, along with the ability to work to a consistently high standard and comfortable working to deadlines, we want to hear from you.
As part of the recruitment process you must provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
Please be aware that this post does not satisfy the qualifications or salary requirement to qualify for skilled worker sponsorship, and Thomson Cooper do not currently hold a valid skilled worker sponsor licence to employ workers from outside the UK.