At Thomson Cooper our purpose is to “listen, advise and support our clients to achieve their goals”. Due to a retirement, we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who shares that purpose to join us as our new Practice Manager. The position will suit an individual with at least 3 years’ experience working within a professional office environment. The post will be based in our Dunfermline office and is full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
You will work closely with our Managing and Staff Partners and undertake the supervision of our office and administration staff. You must therefore have the necessary skillset to develop and maintain relationships with both senior management and our wider colleagues.
Although this is not an exhaustive list, below is an idea of the varied workload associated with the role –
- Managing the workload and supervising around 5 staff based across 2 offices.
- Performing core accounting duties for the firm such as daily bank reconciliation, debtors ledger reconciliation, expenses and company credit card management and reconciliation, supplier/vendor approval, purchase invoice processing and supplier payment runs.
- Payroll processing and payments for around 90 staff.
- HR administration including preparing contracts of employment, maintaining personnel files, performing right to work checks, absence monitoring and record keeping and attending monthly HR meetings with the staff partners.
- Keeping records of and arranging property repairs and maintenance.
- Maintaining health & safety records and ensuring risk assessments are kept up to date.
- General administrative duties to support the partners and the running of the office.
- Providing support and being a liaison between the Partners and wider staff group.
CORE BEHAVIOURS AND ATTRIBUTES
You will have experience at a senior level of working in a busy office environment, preferably in the professional service sector.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral and be confident dealing with people of all levels within an organisation. You will have prior experience in HR and running payroll and ideally will have some Sage 50 bookkeeping experience although training in this area can be given.
This is a wide and varied role and you will be able to demonstrate how you approach dealing with multiple priorities and a fast changing environment. The position involves dealing with sensitive information and therefore we are looking for someone who can give us clear examples of occasions where their discretion and trust have been critical to past roles. You will be able to demonstrate a practical and level-headed approach to dealing with people and problems.
We operate an employee engagement programme; employees have regular one to one meetings with their manager and/or partner and we support our people to develop and grow. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a great working environment.
If you have the right skills and experience, along with the ability to work to a consistently high standard and comfortable working to deadlines, we want to hear from you.
As part of the recruitment process you must provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Please be aware that this post does not satisfy the qualifications or salary requirement to qualify for skilled worker sponsorship, and Thomson Cooper do not currently hold a valid skilled worker sponsor licence to employ workers from outside the UK.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Practice Manager’ in the subject line.