Do you want to be part of a team which puts people at its heart? Then come and join our growing wealth management team! At Thomson Cooper our purpose is to “listen, advise and support our clients to achieve their goals” and having the right people on board to deliver a high quality, efficient service is key. As a dynamic growing firm, we are looking for people who share our purpose and values to join our ‘family’ and make a positive impact.
Thomson Cooper is a growing, independent firm of Accountants and Business Advisors operating across Central Scotland with offices in Edinburgh and Dunfermline, 9 Partners and over 90 staff. Our Wealth Management Advisory is an important part of the comprehensive range of services and support, we deliver to our private and corporate clients across Scotland.
With over 70 years of experience, we know that by nurturing talent and offering training and development opportunities, we can bring out the best in our people. Working in smaller teams helps us maintain strong relationships, both with colleagues and clients, and our values are at the heart of everything we do.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the preparation of advice for clients is of the highest quality and delivered in an efficient manner whilst mitigating any risks to the business.
- You will assist with the achievement of business targets.
- You will work closely with your colleagues in the Wealth Team to ensure that all procedures and processes are adhered to.
- You will be responsible for monitoring workflow and workload.
- You will be expected to be able to accurately prepare suitability reports and letters, and work to target deadlines.
- You will ensure all client work is compliant and supported with relevant paperwork.
- The role will involve you undertaking comparative research in preparation of client recommendations.
- You will complete technical research as part of the existing arrangement review process.
- We will expect you to be able to understand clients’ overall financial position from IFA fact finds.
- You will discuss client objectives with the relevant Financial Advisor, identifying and obtaining client information to prepare the necessary suitability checks.
- You will make sure all client queries are appropriately investigated and accurate responses given.
- Your role will involve conducting annual reviews in line with SLA’s.
- You will have attained or be working towards the Level 4 Paraplanning diploma.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong understanding of financial products & services.
- You will have a proven ability to assess suitability in line with clients’ goals.
- Strong analytical skills, specifically analysing financial records and providing detailed technical commentary is a given.
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience working within a similar role.
- You must be articulate and able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- And be numerate and able to demonstrate confidence with key financial calculations.
- You should be able to demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- A competitive salary.
- Hybrid and flexible working practices.
- Study support package, if applicable.
- Access to paid CPD training and payment of subscriptions to professional bodies.
- Workplace Pension and 3 x Life Cover.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to our Reward Gateway.
- Regular one to one meeting to assist personal development.
- Opportunity to participate in our Healthy Working Lives or ESG Groups.
We take pride in having a great team of people and you can find out more about what life is like at Thomson Cooper by visiting our website news and reading our team blogs.
As part of the recruitment process, you must provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Please be aware that this post does not satisfy the qualifications or salary requirement to qualify for skilled worker sponsorship, and Thomson Cooper do not currently hold a valid skilled worker sponsor licence to employ workers from outside the UK.