Are you an experienced outsourced finance assistant looking for a rewarding and varied role? Do you want to be part of a team who put their people at the heart of what they do? Then come and join our growing outsourcing team as an outsourced finance assistant. At Thomson Cooper our purpose is to “listen, advise and support our clients to achieve their goals” and having the right people on board to deliver that service is key. As a dynamic growing firm, we are looking for people who share our purpose and values to join us and make a positive impact.
Thomson Cooper in an independent firm of Accountants and Business Advisors operating across Central Scotland with offices in Dunfermline and Edinburgh. We have grown from our small beginnings to now having 9 partners and over 90 staff. In recent years our client portfolio has grown significantly, offering all accountancy services from tax advice to debt solutions, for a variety of clients in various sectors.
At Thomson Cooper we nurture talent and offer training and development opportunities to ensure we get the best from our people. Working in smaller teams helps us maintain personal relationships and our values are at the heart of everything we do.
Making best use of software and technology, including RPA and AI, you will be responsible for:
- High-speed processing of invoices, expenses and other financial transactions ensuring consistent and accurate recording of VAT and General Ledger codes
- Preparing and issue sales invoices on behalf of clients
- Reconciling supplier/vendor accounts and preparing payment runs for approval
- Bank and other control account reconciliations
- Preparing and reconciling VAT liabilities and returns and ensuring timely submission to HMRC
- Preparation and posting of management accounting journals and producing reports for colleagues and clients
- Promptly responding to client queries by telephone and email
- Filing and document management
- Desire to help people and solve problems
- Accurate data entry skills
- Attention to detail and ability to produce work which is of a consistently high standard
- Previous experience in a high-volume data processing environment
- Experienced in Excel and accountancy software packages
- Organised and methodical approach
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Good customer service skills
- Professional attitude
- Willingness to follow and apply the firm’s quality control procedures at all times
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid, agile and flexible working practices (subject to eligibility)
- Workplace Pension and 3 x Life Cover
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to our Reward Gateway
- Regular one to one meetings to assist personal development
- Opportunity to participate in our Healthy Working Lives or ESG Groups
This is an exciting, full-time opportunity based in either our Dunfermline or Edinburgh office.
As part of the recruitment process, you must provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Please be aware that Thomson Cooper does not hold a valid skilled worker sponsor licence to employ workers from outside the UK.