At Thomson Cooper our purpose is to “listen, advise and support our Clients to achieve their goals” and we have an exciting opportunity in our Edinburgh office for an individual who shares that purpose to join our growing team and develop their skills. The position will suit an experienced accounts assistant or a Part Qualified Accountant looking to continue their studies.
You will report to the Accounts Manager and work as part of a team. Duties will include the preparation of management accounts, statutory accounts, personal and corporate tax computations, and the occasional VAT Return.
Although this is not an exhaustive list, below is an idea of the varied workload associated with the role to help illustrate what’s involved –
- Management of existing and new clients
- Preparation of Limited company, LLP, partnership, and sole trader financial statements.
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Preparation of Personal Tax and Corporate Tax computations
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge of accounting standards, corporation tax and personal tax.
- Oral and written communication with client and HMRC.
- Liaising with colleagues to provide a co-ordinated service to the client.
- Maintaining client contact to deliver proactive service.
CORE BEHAVIOURS AND ATTRIBUTES
You will have at least 3 years experience of working in an accounting practice, be a team player with excellent communication skills both oral and written, ability to exercise judgement and work under the supervision of a manager.
We operate an employee engagement programme; employees have regular one to one meetings with their manager and/or partner and we support our people to develop and grow. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package and a great working environment. As a firm we are in the process of introducing Agile working (we have not fully returned to office, we are currently working with a hybrid model).
If you have the right skills and experience, along with the ability to work to a consistently high standard and comfortable working to deadlines, we want to hear from you.
As part of the recruitment process you must provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
Please be aware that this post does not satisfy the qualifications or salary requirement to qualify for skilled worker sponsorship, and Thomson Cooper do not currently hold a valid skilled worker sponsor licence to employ workers from outside the UK.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Accounts Assistant’ in the subject line.