Are you looking to develop your career in Audit? Do you want to be part of a team who put their people at the heart of what they do? Then come and join our growing audit team as an Audit Manager. At Thomson Cooper our purpose is to “listen, advise and support our clients to achieve their goals” and having the right people on board to deliver that service is key. As a dynamic growing firm, we are looking for people who share our purpose and values to join our audit ‘family’ and make a positive impact.
Thomson Cooper in an independent firm of Accountants and Business Advisors operating across Central Scotland with offices in Edinburgh and Dunfermline We have grown from our small beginnings to now having 9 partners and over 100 staff. In recent years our Audit portfolio has grown significantly and is now a large and diverse portfolio of commercial and third sector entities in various sectors.
At Thomson Cooper we nurture talent and offer training and development opportunities to ensure we get the best from our people. Working in smaller teams helps us maintain personal relationships and our values are at the heart of everything we do.
- External Audit services for a variety of interesting clients including entities in the following sectors: Technology, Health Care, Construction, Manufacturing and Charities. Clients range from corporate clients, owner managed businesses, and group entities.
- Opportunity to work closely with Partners and the Director of Audit.
- You will manage and direct the audit process taking overall responsibility for planning and co-ordinating the work.
- You will liaise with clients to develop an understanding of the client’s industry and the general business/economic regulatory environment.
- The role involves guiding the team in designing tests to the ensure adequacy of controls/identify weaknesses in systems and make recommendations to clients.
- Developing people and audit teams is an integral part of this position along with providing on the job training and assisting in the professional development of colleagues.
- From your direct contact with clients, you will maintain and build relationships to deliver a service that exceeds clients’ expectations.
- You will oversee timely completion of the audit including review of completed audit files, ensuring work is completed within budget.
- You will be responsible for the preparation or review of audit completion reports.
- The role also involves the preparation of statutory accounts and draft corporation tax computations.
- Qualified ACCA/ICAS or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years’ experience within audit, of which 2 years at a supervisory level
- People management experience
- Strong work ethic with commitment to deliver first class service
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent technical knowledge and IT skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Can demonstrate a track record of success working within teams
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid, agile and flexible working practices
- Access to paid CPD training and payment of subscriptions to professional bodies
- Workplace Pension and 3 x Life Cover
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee referral bonus
- Client referral bonus
- Access to our Reward Gateway
- Opportunity to participate in our Healthy Working Lives, ESG or student mentoring groups
As part of the recruitment process, you must provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Please be aware that this post does not satisfy the qualifications or salary requirement to qualify for skilled worker sponsorship, and Thomson Cooper do not currently hold a valid skilled worker sponsor licence to employ workers from outside the UK.