Are you a newly or recently qualified accountant looking for your next move? Do you want to be part of a team who put their people at the heart of what they do? Then come and join our growing Accounting and Tax team as an Accounts Senior. At Thomson Cooper our purpose is to “listen, advise and support our clients to achieve their goals” and having the right people on board to deliver that service is key. As a dynamic growing firm, we are looking for people who share our purpose and values to join us and make a positive impact.
Thomson Cooper in an independent firm of Accountants and Business Advisors operating across Central Scotland with offices in Edinburgh and Dunfermline We have grown from our small beginnings to now having 9 partners and over 90 staff. In recent years our client portfolio has grown significantly, offering all accountancy services from tax advice to debt solutions, for a variety of clients in various sectors.
At Thomson Cooper we nurture talent and offer training and development opportunities to ensure we get the best from our people. Working in smaller teams helps us maintain personal relationships and our values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Management of a portfolio of SME businesses both existing and new
- Maintaining client contact to deliver a proactive service
- Preparation of Limited Company, LLP, partnership and sole trader accounts
- Preparation of management accounts
- Drafting of Personal and Corporation Tax computations
- Assisting departmental manager and partner with ad hoc client tasks
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge of accounting standards, corporation and personal tax
- Oral and written communication with client and HMRC
- Liaising with colleagues to provide a co-ordinated service to the client
- Ideally you will be a newly or recently qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working within an accounting practice
- Competent in the preparation of sole trader and FRS102 Limited Company accounts
- Able to demonstrate and clear commitment to delivering first class service to clients and colleagues alike
- Good attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage your own workload and work on own initiative to meet tight deadlines
- You will have excellent IT skills and have a proven ability to retain knowledge in relation to software
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- A competitive salary
- Career development for motivated individuals
- Hybrid, agile and flexible working practices
- Workplace Pension and 3 x Life Cover
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to our Reward Gateway
- Regular one to one meetings to assist personal development
- Opportunity to participate in our Healthy Working Lives or ESG Groups
This is an exciting opportunity based in our Edinburgh office.
We take pride in having a great team of people. You can find out more about what life is like at Thomson Cooper by visiting our website and reading more about our team.
As part of the recruitment process, you must provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Please be aware that this post does not satisfy the qualifications or salary requirement to qualify for skilled worker sponsorship, and Thomson Cooper do not currently hold a valid skilled worker sponsor licence to employ workers from outside the UK.