Are you looking to develop your career in Audit? Do you want to be part of a team who put their people at the heart of what they do? Then come and join our growing audit team. At Thomson Cooper our purpose is to “listen, advise and support our clients to achieve their goals” and having the right people on board to deliver that service is key. As a dynamic growing firm, we are looking for people who share our purpose and values to join our audit ‘family’ and make a positive impact.
Thomson Cooper in an independent firm of Accountants and Business Advisors operating across Central Scotland with offices in Edinburgh and Dunfermline. We have grown from our small beginnings to now having 9 partners and over 90 staff. In recent years our Audit portfolio has grown significantly and is now a large and diverse portfolio of commercial and third sector entities in various sectors.
At Thomson Cooper we nurture talent and offer training and development opportunities to ensure we get the best from our people. Working in smaller teams helps us maintain personal relationships and our values are at the heart of everything we do.
- External Audit of accounts for a variety of clients including entities in the following sectors: Technology, Health Care, Construction, Manufacturing and Charities. Clients range from corporate clients, owner managed businesses, and group entities.
- Work closely with Partners, the Director of Audit and Managers
- Lead audits from planning to completion stage using CCH Audit Automation both on site, at client premises and through remote auditing
- Responsible for identifying key risks and how to test them, ensuring audit files have appropriate and sufficient audit evidence
- Collaborating with other team members
- Training and coaching junior members of the team
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Ensuring work is completed within the required timescales and budgets
- Preparing statutory accounts and drafting corporation tax computations
- Delivering a service that exceeds clients’ expectations
- Newly Qualified or Part Qualified ACCA/ICAS or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience within audit
- Commitment to deliver first class service
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Good technical knowledge and IT skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Can demonstrate a track record of success working within teams
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid, agile and flexible working practices
- Student Mentoring programme
- Study support package, if applicable
- Access to paid CPD training and payment of subscriptions to professional bodies
- Workplace Pension and 3 x Life Cover
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee referral bonus
- Client referral bonus
- Access to our Reward Gateway
- Regular one to one meetings to assist personal development
- Opportunity to participate in our Healthy Working Lives or ESG Groups
We take pride in having a great team of people. You can find out more about what life is like at Thomson Cooper by visiting our website and reading more about our team.
As part of the recruitment process, you must provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Please be aware that this post does not satisfy the qualifications or salary requirement to qualify for skilled worker sponsorship, and Thomson Cooper do not currently hold a valid skilled worker sponsor licence to employ workers from outside the UK.