2023 New Graduate Opportunities – Varied Opportunities for Talented and Enthusiastic New Graduates
Are you nearing the end of your Accounting and Finance degree and looking to kick-start your career as an accountant or advisor in practice? Do you want to be part of a team who put their people at the heart of what they do?
At Thomson Cooper our purpose is to “listen, advise and support our clients to achieve their goals” and having the right people on board to deliver that service is key. As a dynamic growing firm, we are looking for people who share our purpose and values to join us and make a positive impact.
Thomson Cooper in an independent firm of Accountants and Business Advisors operating across Central Scotland with offices in Edinburgh and Dunfermline. We employ over 90 staff and the practice has 9 partners. In recent years our client portfolio has grown significantly, offering all accountancy services from tax advice and software training to debt solutions and wealth management. We have clients across a wide range of sectors and industries.
At Thomson Cooper we nurture talent and offer training and development opportunities to ensure we get the best from our people. Working in smaller teams helps us maintain personal relationships and our values are at the heart of everything we do.
Many of our staff have trained with us and moved through the ranks to senior levels, including most of our current partners. Working closely with senior staff and partners, the successful candidates will benefit from excellent on the job training.
We will augment your professional studies with work-based tasks and assignments. As your work experience grows, the diversity of tasks and client exposure will increase, as will your level of responsibility. Our aim during the training contract is to train, develop and challenge the individual, creating a rounded professional we are proud to recognise as a member of our team.
We have several opportunities for new graduates within the firm including:
- Trainee Insolvency Administrator
- Trainee Online Accounting Specialist
- Trainee Auditor
- Trainee Accountant
- Ideally you will have some work or intern experience in a finance or accounting related role
- You will expect to achieve a minimum 2:1 in your degree course, graduating June/July 2023
- You will have Scottish Highers (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics at grade B or above
- You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of what it is to work in an accountancy practice. You will be able to communicate what attracts you to the profession
- You will have a clear understanding of which role you would like to pursue and be able to communicate why you would like to work in that field
- You should be able to demonstrate to us that you take pride in your work and have a good attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- You will have excellent IT skills and have a proven ability to retain knowledge, study for and achieve good passes in exams
- Strong communication skills are a must
- We offer competitive, industry benchmarked salaries
- Career development for motivated individuals
- Workplace Pension and 3 x Life Cover
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to our Reward Gateway
- Regular one to one meetings to assist your personal development
- Opportunity to participate in our Healthy Working Lives or ESG Groups
Please send your CV together with a covering letter or email, stating which role interests you the most, and why to: email@example.com
We take pride in having a great team of people. You can find out more about what life is like at Thomson Cooper by visiting our website and reading more about our team.
As part of the recruitment process, you must provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Please be aware that this post does not satisfy the qualifications or salary requirement to qualify for skilled worker sponsorship, and Thomson Cooper do not currently hold a valid skilled worker sponsor licence to employ workers from outside the UK.