“CUKT commissioned Thomson Cooper to provide consultancy on the introduction of new accounting software including supply, installation and support. The advice given was first class and the follow up services were highly satisfactory. I would have no hesitation in recommending Thomson Cooper to any organisation.”
VAT - Very Aggravating Tax!
Value Added Tax is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business - so complex that many businesses inadvertently overpay or underpay VAT.
Knowing the taxation cost to your business is key to its commercial success. Effective planning and compliance are crucial to minimising tax liabilities.
We provide an efficient, cost effective VAT service which includes:
- Advice on VAT registration, planning and administration
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Negotiating with Customs and Excise in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals
Why choose Thomson Cooper?
One of life's certainties is that if you are a VAT registered business, sooner or later you will receive a visit from HMRC. VAT control or "assurance" visits are an integral part of the system. Their main purpose is to ensure that your returns are an accurate reflection of your business activities and VAT liability. Every trader can expect a visit every few years.
We can help by:
- Reviewing non-routine operations such as large or unusual transactions, where mistakes are more likely to occur
- Reconciling your disclosed turnover with your annual accounts
- Minimising penalties and interest charges by sorting out any errors we detect with HMRC
Free initial consultation
If you would like to speak to us and find out how we can help you, please contact Mark Mitchell at email@example.com or call 01383 628800. Our initial discussions with you are free.